[Zope] Re: CatalogAware

Tim Moore tmoore@tembel.org
03 Jul 2001 00:31:07 +0000

Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.fep.ru> writes:

> On 26 Jun 2001, Tim Moore wrote:
> > Great!  But unfortunately that doesn't help those of us who
> > already have a collection of ZClasses that are affected by the
> > problems with CatalogAware (can't reparent an existing ZClass).
>
>    You can! http://www.zope.org/Members/AlexR/ChangingBaseClasses?pp=1

Hmm...looks like this isn't going to work for me:

"Note also that so far this solution only works for ZClasses located
at 1st level in a product, eg. MyProduct/MyZClass. It doesn't work for
ZClasses nested in another ZClass. (If you know a workaround, please
let me know.)"

All my content classes are second-level or deeper. :-(

So that said, would it be possible to reimplement the changes in
BetterCatalogAware as a Hotfix or patch?  (I still haven't delved much
into Zope internals, so I don't know exactly what's involved with
that).

Or are these changes something I could implement in my ZClasses
themselves?  I'm getting bitten in particular by the virtual hosting
weirdness, which I didn't notice at first since I didn't start using
virtual hosting until most of the site was completed. :-\
--
Tim Moore