[Zope] Very long URLs

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:56:49 +0200

There is no good way of doing it.
You can use JavaScript and achive exactly the effect you want.
But please, *do not take this seriously* if the website is public since
JavaScripts are dangerous and should only be used in controlled
environments. If the JavaScript for some reason doesn't work, people won't
be able to get to where they want to go!!

[Untested]
<form name="variables" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="something" value="Something">
<input type="hidden" name="anything" value="Anything">
</form>

<script>
function submitform(what)
{
  document.form['variables'].submit.value = what;
  document.form['variables'].submit();
}
</script>

[/Untested]

This should make the same effect as:

You can also use forms with POST. All you'll need is hidden tags and a
button.

If it's not the querystring parameters, you can do like I did on my site.
Go to someplace where the URL becomes to long to send in a ICQ message and
click "Short URL" in the menu :)

Peter