[Zope] ZPhotoAlbum and images in general

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 16:22:27 -0400

> From: "Steve Drees" <drees@the-bridge.net>
>
> ZODB is a real database. It's a real good database.

I agree...

> Aside from that,
> things you can look at are:
> 1) serving images from a seperate http server that is filesystem based.
> 2) using the localfs product
> 3) storing everything in an relational database. (oracle, postgres, mysql)

Actually, my port of ZPhotoAlbum to CMFPhotoAlbum removes any dependancies
for image type, it's just a convenient folder presentation thingie.  So your
images could even be a mixture of Image, CMFImage, FSImage, EXTImage.
Actually, I take it back, you have to modify a couple of lines, where it
filters what kind of files it's presenting, but that's easy to do.