[Zope] ZCatalog and Folder Properties

Rogerio Atem de Carvalho ratem@censa.com.br
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 20:32:21 -0300 (BRT)

Hi,

for a number of reasons, I need the following:

1)Create instances of a ZClass, say MyClass, on a specific folder that is
passaded as a parameter.

2)I have a Catalog that indexes DTMLDocuments placed on a (something) big
hierarchy of folders. Besides that, some "higher" folders (not all) has two
strings properties that I need to use to search those DTMLDocuments. I need
something like "Search all DTMLDocuments that have <string parameters> on its
content and are in <folder-property1> and <folder-property2>". The use of those
folder properties is optional, I mean, you can use none, one or both properties
to search. If you use none, you are going to search on the whole hierarchy of
folders, otherwise, the search aplies to only part of it.

You can see that what I need is to give the DTMLDocs two properties that they
obtain from the folders they are placed in.

What can I do? Use aquisition? Define a DTMLMethod in each "higher" folder that
can return its DTMLDocs? How can I combine this kind of solution with ZCatalog
searches?

Regards,

Rogerio Atem