[Zope] Determining Local Roles

Eric Vautour z9b8j@unb.ca
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:29:43 -0300

Hello all,

I have a stumper here.  I am using the following code to determine the
permissions of users

from AccessControl import getSecurityManager
user = getSecurityManager().getUser()
if user.has_permission('Change DTML Documents', ob):

This piece of code appears to detect appropriate permissions if the user is
set up in an acl_users folder  however, this piece of code does not appear
to work at the "local role" level.  That is to say that if I give "Jo"
permissions to change the "index_html" document, the above code does not see
"Jo" as having permissions to do so.

Is there any way to detect the permissions at the local role level?

Eric