[Zope] ZSQL Pluggable brains broke in later Zope, can't add instance attributes

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:51:16 -0400

On 5 Jul 2001, at 13:59, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Geez.  OK... I'm not sure.  Can you set *any* attribute on the instance?  I
> have no idea how this stuff works, unfortunately.

class   PackageEvent:
    """Package Event Pluggable Brain"""
    def __init__(self):
        """initialize"""
        self.eventid = 'my eventid' # this is a column in the sql resultset
        self.mydata = 'made up column'

Even though eventid is in the resultset (therefore in the Record schema), I get an
attributeError on

        self.eventid = 'my eventid' # this is a column in the sql resultset

So .. something has changed from 2.2.2 to 2.3.3 (I didn't try any intervening version).

On 2.2.2 it works.