[Zope] Fishbowl process for private intranets

Mark Langkau mark.langkau@pbmplus.com
Sun, 08 Jul 2001 15:17:36 -0500

Hi,

We think the Fishbowl process is a Very Good Thing (TM) and would like
to implement it on our company intranet for our own development
projects.

Are project templates available for download anywhere? In other words,
when a new proposal for a project is initiated in the DC Fishbowl
process, are those "starter" outlines/wiki pages available for others to
use outside of dev.zope.org? Even if we didn't implement the workflow
process, having the blank templates and links would be incredibly
helpful. (And would perhaps spark an internal interest here to
contribute to the Zope development process ).

I believe that the best software development practices are being
developed and implemented within the Open Source community. And,
specifically, the Zope Fishbowl process looks like a great model that we
would like to implement. (Using Zope of course ;-)

I have already started the process on our intranet - with the code name
"Palmolive Project." Remember the old TV commercial for the dishwashing
zope..  er, soap? Madge would be telling her manicure customer about how
great the product was on your hands, when she would casually say "you
know, you're soaking in it?"  Well, now that our Zope/CMF intranet has
become the accepted source for internal docs and such, I can now say
"you know, you're soaking in it." Suddenly everyone wants to
participate. (hehehe)

Thanks,
Mark