[Zope] ZSQL w/direct traversal look everywhere else before passing value

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:52:26 -0400 (EDT)

If I create a ZSQL method called "by_id", and set it to use direct
traversal, and give it a URL like this:

  http://foo.com/by_id/board

It returns my page at /board, rather than passing board as the value
required by ZSQL method. If I do this;

  http://foo.com/by_id/board/my_display_method

it raises an error, as my_display_method never gets the results of the
ZSQL method, therefore, things that would have passed along, like board
member name, etc., never arrive.

An obvious but icky solution is to not have anything in my acquisition
path that might be passed as a value to the ZSQL method. This is really
ugly though, since new values are added to the database all the time, and
it would be hard to make sure this doesn't happen.

Ideas? Fellow sufferers? Workarounds? All would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>