[Zope] Problem w/ form writing to database

Terry McKenna terry_a_mckenna@yahoo.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:55:46 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to build a Help Desk Trouble Ticket
tracking system. I want to use a web based form to
allow customers to enter trouble tickets. The problem
I am having is that when I submit the form, the zope
development environment pulls up its native database
"test" form instead of making an entry in the
database. It seems I can only enter data to my
external database through the Zope "test" form. Any
ideas?

"submitTicket" method:

<form action="troubleTicket/newTicket" method="get">
    <th align=right>Name:
    <th align=right>Phone:
    <th align=right>E-Mail:
    <th aligh=right>App:
        <option>N/A
        <option>Servie Inquiry
        <option>Idea DataMart
        <option>Siebel Smart Serve
        <option>S4 Operations
        </select>
    <th aligh=right>Server:
        <option>N/A
        <option>caycom3
        <option>caycom4
        <option>caydec1
        <option>caydec2
        <option>cosclim1
        <option>cossi01
        <option>cspcom1
        <option>cspcom2
        <option>cspsie05
        <option>norsi01
        <option>omzdie06
        <option>omzsie07
        <option>omzsie09
        <option>s4reports
        <option>system2
        </select>
      <th align=right>Priority:
      <option>4
      <option>3
      <option>2
      <option>1
      </select>
    <textarea name="description" cols="37" rows="5">
    </textarea>
Submit "
</form>

Z SQL method "newTicket":

insert into ticket3 values
(<dtml-sqlvar ticketNum type="int" optional>,
 <dtml-sqlvar name type="string">,
 <dtml-sqlvar phone type="string">,
 <dtml-sqlvar email type="string">,
 <dtml-sqlvar app type="string">,
 <dtml-sqlvar server type="string">,
 <dtml-sqlvar priority type="int">,
 <dtml-sqlvar problem type="string">)

submitTicket calls newTicket. I think submitTicket
passes the values entered by the user on the form to
newTicket. I thought that should be enough for
NewTicket to make an entry in the database but the
Zope "test" interface populates the screen when I hit
submit.

-Thanks in advance.