[Zope] POST to zope

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:37:50 +0100

* Paul Zwarts <paz@oratrix.com> [010711 10:43]:

<snip example>

> Easy enough, yes? Now take something non-zope and try to post the submit.
> The 'do something' never occurs and nothing suggests that there was an
> error. Simply a zero-byte response.

Logically, there is no difference between POSTs from 'outside' or
'inside' Zope.  They are all coming from a browser, not from zope,
even if they were originally rendered by zope.

Much more likely is that the people who are trying to POST to zope are
using a broken POST form.  For example, if they are trying to send
files, it must be enctype="multipart/form-data".  Possibly, they are
using something other than a browser to do the post, such as a broken
ASP library?

I'd examine the output of their POST request in detail, since I think
it is probably the culprit.

seb