[Zope] Multiple foreign languages

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:15:21 +0200 (CEST)

Roberto Congiu writes:
 > I am a Zope newbie, and I am considering employing Zope
 > for a variety of projects in my company. One reqirement
 > we have is support for multiple foreign languages.
 > Does Zope have any tool to do that, mantaining different
 > languages in a centralized string resource DB (Lexicon),
 > and possibly supporting inflections, counting (ex. 1 directory, 2 directories)
 > and so on ?
I wanted to give a "definite yes" but that you mention "inflections"
made me unsure.

Zope definitely can handle multiple languages.
There are several products that help you localize your
web application.

I do not know what you mean with "inflections".
Does this mean "stemming", "stem reductions", "verb and substantive forms"
and things like that?
Zope by itself does not support these, but it would be
easy to interface it with commercial tools such as "LinguistX".

I do not understand what you mean with "counting".
It is trivial to determine the number of objects of a given
type. But do you really mean that?

Dieter