[Zope] 'Owner' not being set.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:03:19 +0200 (CEST)

Dave Smithson writes:
 > Dieter wrote:
 > > Hmm... "example" and "example2" are standard folders?
 > Yes they are. I have made screengrabs of the site hierarchy, and the
 > contents of 'example' and 'example2' at:
And you are sure, that content placed into "example"
is seen in "example2", too -- when you view "example2", e.g.
through the Management Interface?

That would be really strange!

If the Management Interface does not see them there, you
do you see them there?

 > Hm. I fear that the Catalog issue is a red herring. The line marked ** in
 > the following code, which is the 'zc_book_add'  is, apparently, the problem:

 > **
 > <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('Owner',AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName())">
 > **
This must be completely innocious!

It simply sets "Owner" in "REQUEST" and your "manage_editProperties" below
puts the value into the property.
I do not see a reason why it should show up in "example2".

But, I am sure, I do not understand something essential in your
setup: e.g. where the ZCatalog comes in.

 > The line  <dtml-call
 > "REQUEST.set('Owner',AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName())">  should return the
 > username of the authenticated user - but, for some reason, the owner field
 > in the request isn't being set - and hence information uploaded into
I am sure, it is.
 > 'example/book' is also seen in 'example2/book'. I don't know if I'm
 > describing the right problems here.
Please explain the "hence".

I may then understand the relation between "Owner" and "seen in
"example2".

Dieter