[Zope] Making Variations More Compact

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:59:15 -0700

Hi;
Two related questions:

#1: If I want to serve different pages depending on variables such as
screen res, language, etc., is there a way (or product) whereby after
testing for those variables I can capture the results of my test into a
Zope method? For example, let's say I capture screen resolution. Right now,
I capture screen res with a Javascript, then I direct traffic to two
different folders, depending on whether they're surfing at 800*600 or
1024*786. When I add another variable, such as language, suddenly things
get blown out of proportion. If I could convert what I capture into a Zope
method then I could dispense with all these folders!

#2: Is there a way to create *one* big Zope method with a bunch of little
Zope methods within it? For example, if I want to make my pages available
in multiple languages, then I need to assign <dtml-var xxx> tags to all
text. Next, I need to create these Zope methods. Well, that's a lot of Zope
methods! It would be easier if I could reference a page that had them all
in it, and Zope could search for the right ones. In other words, a page of
all translation of text into English for *one* Web page with all the
associated Zope methods, etc. Is this possible?

TIA,
BenO