[Zope] Deletion Problems

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:27:31 +0200 (CEST)

Eric Vautour writes:
 > I am trying to set up a Zope site that can be editited by many people.  I am
 > setting permissions at the object level, that is I am using local roles to
 > give people permissions to DTML Documents only, and not to folders.
 >
 > My problem is... I am having problems setting Deletion privilages
 > - If I give deletion privalages to a folder, the person I give the
 > permissions to can delete everything in that folder, that is not what I
 > want!!!
 > - If I give a user permission to delete a particular DTML Document, the
 > delete button does not appear.
 > - I editid the code in the main.dtml document so that the delete button will
 > appear all the time, but if the person clicks it, zope will not allow the
 > user to delete it, even thought he/she has permissions to delete it via
 > local roles.....ahhhhh
If you think careful about it, you will recognize
that "deletion" is an opertion of the container and not
the object.

Thus, the "Delete objects" permission is required on the
container to delete objects in it.

You can use a method with a proxy role that implements your
policy: the proxy role would allow unrestricted deletion
in the folder, but the method would do it only, if
the current user has the deletion permission on the object.

Dieter