[Zope] Can I *add* to the roles a user has?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:21:28 +0100

Hi all,
I'm authenticating against a database using UserDB and getting the roles
'Staff' and 'Student'. They can only have the one role from this database.

I need to then *add* to these roles by looking up in another database (I
can't easily edit the first database).

For example,
User = 'tone', authentication with first database gives the role 'Staff'.
Then I look up in another database and find that 'tone', using the system
'eGuides' has the additional roles 'Admin' and 'Reviewer' (no, we're not
using CMF - unfortunately :(

How can I do this multiple lookup to end up with user 'tone' having the
roles 'Staff, Admin, Reviewer'?

There doesn't seem to be anything remotely like 'addRole' in the API or the
AccessControl directory.

Am I using the wrong system for my authentication perhaps?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140