[Zope] Managing temporary objects

Pawel Lewicki lewicki@provider.pl
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:51:54 +0100

Hallo,
The problem I have is how to manage session objects. I was using
HappySession but I'm thinking of other solution more connected with ZODB.
Are there any clear examples of Python scripts (I suppose this is the only
solution) explaining how to create an instance and manage it. For example I
have a class User, call constructor with initial data like name or whatever
taken from database and get an ID which is kept in cookie. Then I manage the
object using this ID. I don't know Python but I suppose that it is somehow
possible. Other problem is the time of living. Of course I want all objects
to die in specific idle time when additionaly they could flush all
modifications to the external database.
Best regards,

Pawel Lewicki