[Zope] File transfer with Zope

Joe Gaffey Joe.Gaffey@gradient.ie
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:00:37 +0100

Hi,

another way of uploading files is using the webdav protocol which is
supported by zope.  I am using this as a way for users to publish onto my
site.  I am using this with the HTMLDocument Product. It may be a useful
example to you on how to manipulate the contents of the files that you are
uploading.

Hope this is useful,
Joe.

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Nicolas Villetard
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 2:46 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] File transfer with Zope

I use Zope 2.4.
I'd like to offer users to upload text files to my server in order to
be manipulated by external methods written in Python.

I have still found only 2 possibilities :

(1) : sending files with a HTML form. But does something exist in
Python to manage HTTP files sending ??

(2) : sending files by FTP. But how could I access files in Zope's file
system from an external method ??
Do libraries exist to manipulate Zope filesystem ?

Your solutions or suggestions are welcomed...
thanks