[Zope] Security augmenting not happening

Blandford, Simon [BSS Audio UK] Simon.Blandford@bss.co.uk
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:24:03 +0100

I am trying to make a folder and it's contents viewable only by a manager.
So in the Security tab, I de-select the inherited "View" box and enable it
only in the Manager column.

This worked until I changed the owner of the folder and it's contents to
being an Owner. In theory, a manger should still have full access to just
about everything, but no, not even a mighty manager can view what's in the
folder.

If I re-enable the inherited View tick box then all is well again.

So I can inherit rights into the folder but not augment them for a manager?

Has anyone else experienced this or can tell me what's going on here?

I am using Zope 2.3.3 on Cobalt RH6.2 Linux.

The comments expressed in this email are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer.