[Zope] Having problems getting Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager to work

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:12:31 +1000

Hi,

I'm using Zope 2.3.2 with Apache and Rewrite Rules. I set up caching
using mod_proxy with the following settings:

CacheRoot "/var/cache/httpd"
CacheSize 10240
CacheGcInterval 1
CacheMaxExpire 24
CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
CacheDefaultExpire 1

I then added the following to standard_html_header:

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Expires',
_.DateTime(_.DateTime().timeTime() + 3600).toZone('GMT').rfc822())">
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Last-Modified',
bobobase_modification_time().toZone('GMT').rfc822())">

This works fine and everything gets cached. Then I removed the above
calls and instead installed an Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager (and
associated all my DTML Methods with it). This time no caching took
place. I then unncommented the line that sets the Last-Modified
header (line 175 in AcceleratedHTTPCacheManager.py). This time
caching worked.

Several posts on this list indicated that Last-Modified is not
required for caching. If that's true, why can't I get caching to work
without touching the source? Am I missing anything in my settings or
in using the Cache Manager?

TIA,

Itai
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"      --