[Zope] Difference between zope and apache

Martin Sk?tt martin@xenux.dk
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:50:55 +0200

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 11:28:23AM +0200, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
<SNIP>
> BTW: why end the base href with '/>', and not
> simply '>'?

<base> is an empty tag meaning it's only got attributes and no character
content. In XML (and I guess HTML 4 too) empty tags are ended with / (like
<base .... />) instead of using <base...></base>. In XML the end tags are
mandatory.

This is for XML and I don't know if the same thing is true for HTML 4, but I
guess it is. Funny that the w3c validator doesn't like it.
--
Martin Skøtt
martin@xenux.dk