[Zope] Multiple Sites and Apache

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:40:38 -0500

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 03:54:25PM +0100, seb bacon wrote:

> It's probably a bit redundant, because we can presume if someone has
> installed mod_rewrite then they've followed the install instructions,
> and preferably used apxs, which does this for them?

At least for the Debian folks (and possibly others who get a
precompiled Apache), this won't necessarily be the case. Debian
includes all the apache modules you'd normally want in their regular
Apache package (actually apache-common, so it can be shared among both
Apache and Apache-SSL), but doesn't enable all of them by default. And
no, I'm not going to rebuild my Apache from source from scratch; I
assume the Debian maintainer has far more of a clue than I about
industrial-strength setups.

> Same goes for the LoadModule directives - plus the mod_proxy one is
> completely redundant.

I thought I'd received an email (from Dave Cinege, perhaps? can't find
it immediately in any case) that indicated it wasn't redundant. It may
still be Debian-related, though.

> Also a tip with the STX [P] rendering problem: format it as a pre, by
> doing something like this..
>
> httpd.conf:: <--- note double colon

I've been using the :: syntax the whole time, actually. But look at
the first RewriteRule now, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Bug
in STX, perhaps?

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu