[Zope] RE: need help

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:18:28 -0700

> dear sir ,
>

> First i had downloaded Xron-0-0-9 and
> ZScheduler-version0.0.7
> then extracted to  c:\programfiles\zope
>
> then i got ZScheduler, Xron directries in
> c:\programfiles\zope\lib\python\products\...ZScheduler,Xron
>
> then i restarted zope , i got Schedule in root
> directory and Xron,ZEvent both got in product list..

Don't use both ZScheduler and Xron. Use just Xron. They are really different
versions of the same product. Xron is newer. I can't think why they would
conflict, but that doesn't mean they won't.

> then i added ZEvent ,it asked id,title,Execute at...
>
>      id         ---test
>      title      -- testing
>      Execute at -- 2001/07/18 14:59:46.32 GMT+5
>
> then i clicked on add and edit button.
>
> i got some text box then i added the following code.

> nagesh
>
> then i clicked view tab i got output is --- nagesh
>
> then went back and clicked trigger tab
>
> then i got output as follows---
>
> ----
> You are not authorized to access this resource.
> No Authorization header found. (File: C:\Program
> Files\zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py Line:
> 588) 401 Unauthorized for http://sw8:8080/test/trigger
>
> -----
>
> then i went back and clicked proxy tab and proxy role
> selected "manager" and clicked save changes.
>
> then again went back and clicked trigger tab then i
> got same exception.
>
> then i went to Scheduler which present in root folder
> their
> metatype , absolute url , Scheduled time is present
> fine.
>

> 1) is it correct way of proceeding???

Looks good to me.

> 2) instalation is correct or not?
> after extracting ,

Don't install Xron and ZScheduler togther. Use only Xron. Create a Xron DTML
Method, not a ZEvent.

is it necessary to make changes in
> root directry for permissions?

No

> 3) i tried in two systems(uninstalled zope and
> reinstalled) ? but same problem ?

> 4) as you suggested to install ZDebug product . and i
> downloaded ZDebug product and extracteded ,but it is
> not showing any extra information..

Try just typing http://sw8:8080/test/trigger into the browser's URL box.
ZDebug should do its thing then.

> 5) ZScheduler , Xnor installing is nothing but-- just
> extract to root directry? or anything    else??

Correct. The fact that you were able to create a scheduled method shows that
the product was installed correctly.

> 6) i tried only with Xnor.(what i mean to say is
> without extracting ZScheduler).
>    with Xnor i tried like which i above said..
>    code is ....

>    Nagesh
>

>    in Xnor if click on trigger tab i am getting
> output---Nagesh

So it worked then.

>    in Xnor if click on view  tab i am getting
> output---Nagesh
>
>    but in server side exception is
>
> ------
>  2001-07-18T11:48:05 ERROR(200) Catalog
> uncatalogObject unsuccessfully attempted to uncatalog
> an  object with a uid of /test.
> ------

Please show all the log messages for the same event that preceed this one.

> 7) the difference between ZEvent and Xnor is
> Reschedule Interval (which i felt)
>

> 8) my zope version is
>
>   Zope Version  Zope 2.3.2 (binary release, python
> 1.5.2, win32-x86)
>   Python Version  1.5.2 (#0, Jul 30 1999, 09:52:18)
> [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
>   System Platform  win32
>

> finally what i want to say is ...
>
>   please ..
>
>   consider a clean system (zope)  and how to install
> ZScheduler and Xnor and how to use
> please explain in detail....

Your installation seems correct (except forget about ZScheduler). You need
to get better diagnostics about the authorization exception. Try just typing
http://sw8:8080/test/trigger into the browser's URL box. ZDebug should be
more helpful then.

-- Loren