[Zope] From ColdFusion to Zope: help with <dtml-if>?

Bob Campbell rcam@psouth.net
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:51:49 -0400

Hi,
One of our business line developers is used to working with ColdFusion and
is struggling, as we all are-:), with Zope. We are literally surrounded with
piles of documents, e-books, and e-mail messages "explaining" the different
aspects of Zope. We are slowly "getting it" and liking it... However...

The developer (and myself) have been trying to figure this out for two days
and push is now coming to shove and I'm hoping the list can help.

I asked her write down in plain English what she is trying to accomplish and
I would post it and see if anyone has a solution or solid direction to
pursue.
The  system she developed  publishes hundreds of multipage reports using MS
Access and Acrobat (pdf). Access holds the links to every report, they are
dated and published throughout a two week cycle. The reports themselves
reside on numbered folders on a local drive (e:) In ColdFusion she would do
something like, IF Fileexists (001delingprt) then .....and so on through the
reports...
Here is what she wrote

Ok, here it is in plain English...

I need to determine if a certain file exists.  The filename is located in a
certain variable.  If it does exist do something, else do something else.

For example:
Say the file is called e:\test.pdf.  This path exists in a variable called
vartest

If vartest exists then show the current month's file else show last month's
file.

Hope there's an answer.

Sheree Beaudette, AVP
Applications Support Analyst