[Zope] Object Oriented Development and ZClasses in Zope

Amr Malik aeamalik@yahoo.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:51:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- David Legg <d.legg@ncl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a good tutorial on object oriented development in Zope
> using ZClasses, or know if it might be documented well in one of the
> existing or upcoming books.

David,
   I can answer the ZClass tutorial part! the rest is for the Gods! I found
the BeeHive Zclasses tutorial to be quite helpful from a beginner's
perspective.
It doesn't treat the fine points of Object Orientation vis-a-vis the Java model
etc. But it is a good, to the point, tutorial (worth the 30DM) and they take
you step by step thru the process of building a ZClass. The Zope Book (ZB)
covers the conceptual basics of ZClasses quite well!

HTH,

Amr