[Zope] Generating Adobe FDF files from Zope / Python

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:49:21 +1000

>>> Eric Walstad wrote
> If ReportLab is able to generate FDF's, that'd be great!  Can you point
> me to some documentation on how it's done?

Reportlab generates PDF. What's an FDF file?

The first meaningful english link for "FDF" in google is
"Greek Orthodox Folk Dance Festival", which I'm assuming
is incorrect :)

A bit of searching around seems to say it's a Form Data Format or
something - http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/acrosdk/docs.html
shows that the most likely document is
http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/acrosdk/docs/extapi/FormsAPIReference.pdf
According to someone in my office, it's a pretty simple attribute-value
pair type thing, and not too hard to parse...

Anthony