[Zope] Structured Text source code tweaking

paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:39:53 -0500

I am creating a method of storing capsule resumes of site users.  I am
storing it in MySQL in structured text format and am allowing users to edit
their resumes in place on the site.  Many of the capsule resumes contain
paragraphs commencing with "Mr. " or "Ms." as in "Mr. Blow solved world
hunger".  When Zope renders this into HTML it interprets it as a list item
<LI> in an ordered list <OL> - an undesired result.  Is there any way to
edit the source code of StructuredText.py to except out paragraphs
beginning with abbreviated titles?

I've been poking around in the source code.  I know regular expressions
fairly well from Perl and have been searching for clues.  However, I am not
fluent in Python in an object oriented context.  Can anyone enlighten me
here?

-PSJ