[Zope] ODBC, SQL,Zope, NT4 , Jshell

CURTIS David David.Curtis@state.or.us
19 Jul 2001 11:43:02 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to append records into an access database from Zope ZSQL.  I am using the tutorial  Created by jshell that was Last modified on 2000/10/13.  I have his setup and it appears to be working except for the problem that no records actually get put into database.  I get no errors to help me either.  I have tried to using the SQL syntax

Insert into customers (
customer_id, name, planet, age
) VALUES (
<dtml-sqlvar customer_id type=nb>,
<dtml-sqlvar name type=nb>,
<dtml-sqlvar planet type=nb optional>,
<dtml-sqlvar age type=int optional>
)

If I "TEST" The database connection with a select statement I  get records output. YEA
If I TEST  the datbase connection with a delete statement - records deleted. YEA
BUT
If I TEST the database connection with a insert statement I get an error.  No Traceback.  BAD
Insert into customers (customer_id, name, planet, age) VALUES ("test", "test2", "test3", 77)
Note this syntax is working in MS Access.

The database connection is open.

Current Setup
Running NT 4 with Zope versions
(Zope 2.3.2 (binary release, python 1.5.2, win32-x86)
Python Version  1.5.2 (#0, Jul 30 1999, 09:52:18) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
System Platform  win32
ODBC - Microsft Access Driver(*.mdb) version 4.00.5301.01

Any ideas on what to do?