[Zope] Having problems getting Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager to work

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:53:20 +1000

Dieter Maurer writes:

>Itai Tavor writes:
>  > Several posts on this list indicated that Last-Modified is not
>  > required for caching. If that's true, why can't I get caching to work
>  > without touching the source? Am I missing anything in my settings or
>  > in using the Cache Manager?
>The HTTP 1.1 caching specification says that either a
>"Last-Modified" or a "Content-Id" (the header name is probably wrong!)
>must be present for caching to happen. Maybe, you have
>a look at this spec.

Thanks, Dieter, but I don't think an understanding of the HTTP
protocol caching specifications should have any effect on getting
Zope's cache managers to work. The Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager is
supposed to take care of the headers for you, isn't it? So a Cache
Manager plus correctly configured caching front-end should be all you
need. But this turns out to be wrong, unless I uncomment a line in
the Cache Manager. This doesn't make sense to me. And I can still see
nothing in what I'm doing that could cause this.

Itai
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"      --