[Zope] storing files external from Zopedatabase

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:07:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, C. Koehler wrote:

> regards,
> how is it possible to upload and store files external
> from the database of Zope?
> I've got a lot of pdf-files to store and the maximum of 2GB
> space isn't fare away then. [Zope can only store
> 2GB all in all, or not?]
>
> so- how do I upload and store files external?
> [Do I have to define a new product or is there already one?]

Look at ExtFile or LocalFS. They're different strategies, but
both will let you serve content not in the ZODB.

(or, if you want your entire site to be from the filesystem,
you could use FileStorage or such.)

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>