[Zope] File object converted into string ????

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:12:06 +0200

On Friday 20 July 2001 17:06, you wrote:
> Gitte Wange wrote:
> > Hello again - I am sorry to bother you guys so much today
> >
> > I just get this weird error thing ... a file I'm trying to upload through
> > http is being converted into a string ????
> >
> > I'm not doing anything unusual ... and the upload code works in another
> > context.
> >
> > I have this form field on a page with a file field ... I browse for a
> > file and hit the submit button.
> >
> > When the code reaches the lines of the upload action I get this error:
> >
> > Error Type: AttributeError
> > Error Value: 'string' object has no attribute 'filename'
>
> Be sure the opening form tag looks like this:
>
> <form action="...." method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
>
> The latter 2 are the key when posting files.
>
> hth,

THANK YOU :-))))

Thank you so much - I missed the last argument ...
DAMMIT I need more coffee :-)

Regards,

--
Gitte Wange Jensen

Sys Admin, Developer and a lot more
MMmanager.org Aps, Denmark

Phone: +45 29 72 79 72
Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: www.mmmanager.org

Quote of the day:
| > Normally, I would tell you to visit;
| >
| > http://www.zope.org/Documentation/
| >
| > but, some monkey has designed the interface w/o actually testing it,
| > since there's no direct references to the online ZSQL Reference there
| > any more, and the online dtml reference shoves you into dtml-var.
|
| Monkey fix! bannana?
No banana for you! Bad Monkey! And stop breathing into the female monkey
cages...

	- Andrew K Milton to Mindlace, Jan 17, 2001. zope list