[Zope] How should I create an edit form?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 21:02:24 +0200 (CEST)

Bruce, Chris writes:
 > I have created a zclass to represent online user profiles.  I have a
 > property sheet to edit the fields and all works well.  But now, I want to
 > create a page (not through management) to allow users to change their own
 > profiles.  I am not really sure how I should do the following:
 >
 > Lookup the profile matching the user based on how they are logged in?
You get the user name with "AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()".

You use "Computed Object Access" to locate objects
given by expressions evaluating to their ids.
Search the mailing list archives or look at

  URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html

 > Show an edit form with the values prepopulated (Can I do this with property
 > sheet somehow)?
Look at the API reference in Zope's integrated Online Help
--> ZopeHelp -> API Reference -> PropertySheet.

Dieter