[Zope] Is it just me...

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 20:26:04 GMT

[Snip]
> May I suggest the following:
[Snip]
> I think it will give new users a good starting point though!
>

> 1. A core introductry reading list
>
> 2. A series of problem-sets to be solved using Zope (okay I'm taking this from
>    ACS a bit, but I think its not such a bad idea!)
>
> 3. A FAQ distilled from the ZDP, the lists, etc. etc.
>
> 4. ???? maybe other stuff?

The other stuff might be something like a weekly newsletter with a step-by-step
guide on how to solve some common fundamental problem (like getting Zope to
print dates in various formats, etc.).

This would give the newbie something to chew on for a week.  They could store it
up on a web site for a reference list, and it wouldn't be considered spam.

The nice thing about it is that once you have a cadre of articles, you just
(re)circulate the same ones ala Parents magazine.

Ron