[Zope] Replacing Root Acl_Users

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:43:47 -0400

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 04:50:48PM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:

However, I would recommend that you never do this.  The only user(s)
that belongs in root is/are your top-level administrator(s).  Create a
protected folder, or something like that to put your real users
in.  Use whatever user-folder you want here.

It is pretty general experience that users do not care
about the extra component in the path.  All they want is an URL
that pops them to wherever they should begin.

But, you never want to have your admin account locked out because a
user folder is broken.  And acl_users remains the most tested user
folder.

You do have to make sure that Data.fs is well-protected!

Jim Penny