[Zope] Replacing Root Acl_Users

Jens Vagelpohl jens@digicool.com
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:45:08 -0400

chris,

replacing the root acl_users must be done with the superuser account. here'
s the simple way to create the superuser and do it:

- create a file called "access" in the root of your zope installation on
the filesystem if it's not already there. you can use the "zpasswd.py"
utility in zope or you can simply edit it by hand, it contains a username
and password separated by a colon.

- restart zope so it reads the file during startup

- log into the management interface using this account name and password

- delete the root acl_users and create whatever other user folder you like

the superuser cannot normally create any objects, but they can create user
folders of any kind.

you are in a little bit of trouble if you have a bunch of users in the
standard user folder because those will be lost and you will need to
recreate them in your new user folder.

jens