[Zope] NEWBIE questions

Bruce Dykes Bruce Dykes" <bkd69@yahoo.com
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:48:16 -0400

1) How do I set up Zope to be my main FTP and web server? (primarily under
Windows, but I imagine this might be useful for some Linux admin)

I'm halfway to figuring this out. As in, I know to change the port from the
default 8080, I know to create a new folder to contain the site and its
documents. I should be getting that done soon. But there should be a
paragraph in the FAQ someplace with these details. What I would really like
is a nifty little GUI server control panel in the control panel. Something
that lets me set ports, enable access control, enable or disable a protocol,
set directories and aliases, etc, and a script that lets you suck up an
existing website enmasse.

OTOH, there may be a good reason why Zope isn't set up to be a primary
webserver. I know the historical reason: that it's native environment is a
*nix box running Apache or something similar. How about some design
explication maybe?

Now I've only been at this for two days. This list doesn't have anywhere
near the Newbie Intimidation Factor of the Python list. 8-)

Thanks
Bruce