[Zope] NEWBIE questions

Danni Efraim danni@galdrion.com
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 16:49:16 +0200

> 1) How do I set up Zope to be my main FTP and web server? (primarily under
> Windows, but I imagine this might be useful for some Linux admin)

I suppose that by "main servers" you mean the ones that will be accessed by
default when interface software accesses your computer.

http defaults to port 80, and ftp to port 21. Assuming that no other servers
have bound those ports, you can start Zope with the switches "-w 80 -f 21",
or simply "-P 0". The latter will also set the monitor port (for interactive
access to Zope) to 99, but that won't be of much interest to you if you're
still a newbie.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

/Danni