[Zope] DNS lookup problem with urllib in external methods

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:29:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, oivvio polite wrote:

> Have anyone seen this strange behavior.
>
>  urllib.urlget("http://some-url")
>
> works perfectly well from a regular python script.
>
> The the same line will produce an
>
>   Error Type: IOError
>   Error Value: [Errno socket error] host not found
>
> when called from an external zope method.
>

> However
>
>  urllib.urlget("http://some-ipnumber")
>
> will work fine in that same external method.
>
> Any ideas? Does zope use some special dns settings?

Strange. I've used urlib successfully w/hostnames. (Zope 2.3.3, Linux 2.4,
Python 1.5.2)

Can you post your exact script & details of how its called?

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>