[Zope] Upgrade Zope from 2.3.2 to 2.4

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:31:17 +0200

Hello guys ...

I know I won't be the first to ask this question (or maybe I will *S*) ...
but ..

I would like to upgrade our Zope installation from 2.3.2 to 2.4
The last time I upgraded there was a Zope-2.3.1-to-2.3.2 (or something like
that) tarball I could get. This time there isn't. So how do I upgrade ?

Here is how I _THINK_ it should be done:
Copy the Products, Extension and var dir to somewhere else (as a backup).
Download the 2.4 tarball ..
Remove the old Zope dir
Untar the new tarball
Do whatever to install it.
Copy the Products, Extension and var dirs back
Start Zope

Am I right ??

Will our ZODB objects "survive" this ?

Regards,
--
Gitte Wange Jensen

Sys Admin, Developer and a lot more
MMmanager.org Aps, Denmark

Phone: +45 29 72 79 72
Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: www.mmmanager.org

Quote of the day:
And yes, I forgot to update the Makefile release number - sue me,
I'm too lazy to upload a new patch with that fixed ;).
	- Linus Torvalds