[Zope] Is My Installation Flawed?

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:47:30 -0700

Hi;
I wrote the list earlier concerning this problem and didn't get an answer.
That usually means it's a BIG problem and unique to my install and that
nobody has any idea what to do without being on the system. I hope like
heck it's not that bad. Here's the problem: For some reason I don't appear
able to create user-defined roles at all! With regard to local roles, I'm
able to create them, but they don't appear to have any effect. For example,
if I create a local role for pnl as manager then change the *access content
information* from the acquired setting to just manager and owner (as
opposed to anonymous), then try to access the page, I discover that only
user webmaster, the owner, is able to access the page. Nor can I change
ownership! How should I begin trouble-shooting this?
TIA,
BenO