[Zope] clean up Data.fs?

Kyler B. Laird laird@ecn.purdue.edu
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:23:40 -0500

I have a Data.fs that I've been building up
over many versions of Zope.  Somewhere along
the line, I noticed that "Undo" stopped
working in many situations.  Now it's almost
never usable.  I get errors like

	Error Type: UndoError
	Error Value: Couldn't undo change to '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x19r' because
	non-undoable transaction

I've also noticed that Versions can really
ruin my day.  I don't want to try that
right now in order to give an example, but it
has meant having to completely destroy the
parent folder of the Version.

I've just considered these as developmental
bugs, but with the release of 2.4.0 today, I
decided to try Undo and Versions with a fresh
database.  They worked flawlessly.

So...I'm guessing that my Data.fs file is a
bit messed up.  I looked at some of the
utilities, but they don't appear to be
appropriate.  I tried running the ZODB
recovery script, but it didn't find anything
to recover.

I'm considering trying to export everything
that I can and then import them into a fresh
database.  I did this long ago, but I had
far fewer objects in my root directory.  I'd
like to avoid doing it now.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

--kyler