[Zope] WYSIWYG HTML Editor Tutorial Link

Philippe Jadin all@123piano.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:30:11 +0200

> This just happens to be at the top of a list of 16 (count 'em)
> TTW WYSIWYG Editor Widgets I compiled the other day drawing on
> the various threads in the cmf, ez and cms-list
>
> http://www.bris.ac.uk/ISC/cms/ttw.html

Very good list.

As far as I searched, there are only two solutions : explorer 5+ custom
editor, and java applets. (javascript is too weak for this job afaik)

What we really need are browsers that support custom external editors
for text areas. In the meantime I'd like to implement a standard editing
tool for zope that could be used with any kind of zope document
(dtml-method or dtml-doc at least).

I'm implementing this as a simple "edit" folder that you place in the
root of your zope (or somewhere higher in the hierarchy than the pages
you want to edit). Then, you simply need to append "/edit" to the page
to be edited. Really like tou can append "/manage".

The edit folder should be smart enough to use the appropriate editor (ie
-> java -> textarea), and save / edit the right content.

> It would be _really_ good if we could get some consensus
> about which of these horses would be best to back.

My solution is probably too simplistic to be used, but when I'll have
somethin working with the ie5+ method, I'll release it.

Philippe