[Zope] Newbie: using html in zope

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:17:52 +0200 (CEST)

Tina Poole writes:
 > We are adding  HTML files as documents to our zope site. The files are using
 > the default css stylesheet for our site. This is working lovely as we
 > single-source from FrameMaker and deliver in a number of formats and there
 > are a few hundred files already placed in our site. The only problems are
 >
 > - table widths: The tables stretch across the page and right off the screen
 > (past the header). The text wraps correctly at the end of the page but the
 > table cell just keeps on going.  This makes the file useless to print (they
 > are for reference and we would like them to be able to print out). I really
 > do not want to have to specify exact coloum widths but want the tables to be
 > 100% of the screen.
Browsers are no typesetting systems.
They have limited capabilities, e.g. no hyphenation.
It is well possible that they do not find appropriate
line breaking points to keep the table narrow.

 > - font sizes: In the style sheet I have added a number of extra styles.
 > Everything such as, indentation, colour, font style, etc,  is being
 > reflected in the html files when displayed except the font size. Everything
 > is the same size.
Seems to be Netscape 4. It has a very strange understanding
of CSS, especially with respect to font sized...

 > I would also like to hear from anyone using Zope as a documentation library
 > like us and how they handled difference file types such as Word, PDF etc.
You want to look at the Kaivo Document Library.

Dieter