[Zope] Zope and Oracle

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:11:44 +0100

--On 23 July 2001 13:57 -0800 Tommy Johnson <tommy@7x.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Has anyone ever connected to Oracle from Zope? How about connecting to
> another machine that runs Oracle (machine A runs Zope; machine B runs
> Oracle)? If so, how ... or a friendly pointer in the right direction would
> be appreciated. ;->

Executive Summary:

Yes, No problem, http://www.zope.org/Members/isalsberg/how-to_OracleDA

Gory Bits:

Zope has a range of Database Adapters
http://www.zope.org/Products/external_access

Installing some of them is not for the faint of heart.

There are two Oracle DAs:
http://www.zope.org/Products/DA/ZOracleDA
http://www.zope.org/Members/matt/dco2

The second is a beta release and offers LOB support. I haven't tried
it yet - I've just spotted the NT version seems pre-compiled so I'll
that a whirl before rolling up by sleeves and getting beaten up
by Linux again.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/