[Zope] sorting sql result

Alan Capesius alanc@tech-world.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:56:07 -0500

SQL will typically be much faster for a large record set.
For a small set, you won't notice the difference.

Of course your mileage may vary based on relative server and network speeds
(assuming remote SQL), the type of SQL server, etc.

Why not try it both ways and see. The coding to try it out is minimal and
will give you a good relative performance indication for future development
in your environment.

- Alan
Zope tips and tricks site
http://twsite.bizland.com/zopetips.htm