[Zope] Big improvement for load_site.py, patch included

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:12:04 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, seb bacon wrote:

> (lazily not looking at the source)

Shame on you !-)

> I'm guessing load_site uses a POST or the FTP interface or similar,
> right?  Space is a legal character in Zope, but not in HTTP.  So even
> M$ websites shouldn't have spaces in their names, anyway.  Having said
> this, I've seen some sites which do, and IE handles them OK.  Typical
> ;-)
>
> However, there are some legal HTTP characters which are not legal Zope
> characters.  Off the top of my head, these include '+' and '%'.
> load_site would need to parse document contents to fix this kind of
> thing, I imagine.

I don't know what load_site uses, because it's encapsulated in
ZPublisher/Client.py, however I suppose the problem only occurs because of
the ids (and maybe titles), so there's probably no need to parse
documents' contents, only their ids/titles

bye,

Jerome Alet