[Zope] Big improvement for load_site.py, patch included

Frank Tegtmeyer fte@lightwerk.com
24 Jul 2001 17:47:20 +0200

Jerome Alet <alet@unice.fr> writes:

> This comment, why not a # comment instead of a <!-- --> or <dtml-comment
> ..>, would be set on EXPORT/ViewSource only, and stripped by Zope on
> IMPORT/CREATION This would allow people to easily work with both DTML
> Documents and DTML Methods in external tools and have them uploaded with
> the correct metatype.

This should include a mechanism for properties too. But how would
folders be handled then? One could invent "special" files in folders
that contain the properties, but this becomes ugly very fast.

I would *love* to handle most of the Zope stuff outside of Zope to be
able to use all the common tools (editors, diff, patch, cvs, ...)

Regards, Frank