[Zope] Newbie Password Frustration

Janina Sajka janina@afb.net
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:45:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hello:

I have the rpm of Zope 2.3.2-1 installed. Accessing http://localhost:8080
brings up a Zope page, so I'm assuming the basic install is good.

What I cannot figure out for the life of me is how to pass the
administration password.

1.)	I have no knowledge of what the default was set to by the rpm
install. I saw no message about this during the installation;

2.)	Perhaps more to the point, I can't figure where, exactly, Zope is
looking for this user/password data;

3.) I see the python scripts for changing passwords in
/usr/share/zope/utilities. zpasswd.py -u superuser -p [passwd] access
seems to work OK. It writes a lovely access file that looks a lot like
/etc/passwd. So, I chmod it to 600 and restart zope and try again. Still
no cigar;

I have searched docs, etc--but nothing is getting me past this impediment.
What am I doing wrong? Is the administrator user still defaulted to
username 'superuser?' Do I create this as a system account on my linux
system and put a password in /etcpasswd & /etc/shadow? If not, where does
it need to be?

Thanks in advance. I'd dearly love to move on to more interesting
problems! <grin>

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp