[Zope] Zope 2.4.0 on RedHat 7.0? Problems with Python module compilation and start script.

Benjamin Lian blian@mediahub.org
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:15:46 +0800

Hi,

Has anyone successfully installed Zope 2.4.0 on RedHat 7.0 from the binary
distribution?

Compilation of the Python modules generates a bunch of error messages,
caused by what seems to be syntax errors. The start script hangs when
attempting to start the ZServer Monitor Server. This causes autostart via an
rc.d script to hang the system boot process. Manual start results in Zope
coming up despite the start script hanging. I don't know if anything is
seriously broken by the error messages and the start script hang.

I have tried installing from the source distribution, but my attempt at
installing Python 2.1.1 resulted in problems, which is why I am now trying
the binary distribution.

Thanks,

/Ben