[Zope] Does search engines index zope sites?

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:08:12 -0500 (CDT)

On 25 Jul 2001, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

> After playing around with Zope on my machine I am planning to convert
> one of my static sites to zope. All old static pages are well known to
> search engines like google. Will search engines also index a site
> running with zope or are there problems with dynamically produced
> pages?

The search engine doesn't know that the content is dynamic. Remember, the
dynamism occurs on the server not at your browser. The search engines just
catalog the HTML produced by Zope. Try putting "site:www.zope.org" as the
first item in a google search followed by your search terms. It will search
zope.org pretty nicely.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.org