[Zope] Zope 2.4.0 on RedHat 7.0? Problems with Python module compilation and start script.

Benjamin Lian blian@mediahub.org
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 02:21:09 +0800

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. Here are the error messages:

Compiling python modules
  File "/data/zope/2-4-0/lib/python2.1/test/nocaret.py", line 2
    [x for x in x] = x
SyntaxError: can't assign to list comprehension
SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of the file
(test_future3.py, line 3)
SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of the file
(test_future4.py, line 3)
SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of the file
(test_future5.py, line 4)
SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of the file
(test_future6.py, line 3)
SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of the file
(test_future7.py, line 3)

Someone else also reported the same error messages on RedHat 7.1, so I think
we must be doing something wrong, though I can't see what! :)

/Ben